Tuesday 18 March 2014

An exciting Week


We launched 'Patsy on Saturday in Leicester, UK, at the Independent Book Publishers Fair 'States of Independence' held annually at the De Montfort University. When I say 'we' I am referring to the British  half of the Bluewood publishing team, David Bowman and myself.

I can't begin to say how grateful I am to all the people who came to support me.
After David had interviewed me, I  read out a portion from the book, the scene where the main male character is wounded when the Irgun blow up the King David  in 1946. When writing that piece, memories flooded back of the awful time when my aunt and I waited for a telegram to let us know if my father had survived the incident.

That was not the only exciting thing that happened that week. I have mentioned before in this blog how several  of my childhood memories  have proved to be  accurate, (or as accurate as they can be by someone who has  difficulty in telling left from right and who mentally mirror-images locations emotionally  important to her).  I have now discovered that one of the locations I describe in  both Patsy and Maftur,  inspired by vague memories of conversations overheard in childhood, and rumours passed on in later life,  is very likely non-fiction.  I am eagerly awaiting further developments .

No comments: